Thursday, April 4, 2019

Project 3 Artist Statement & Documentation


I have always had an interest for science especially space science and from that interest of outer space, I was inspired to transform my room into a solar/planetary system (not to scale of course). Like my last project I wanted what was being  projected to feel surreal as if it was really there.

I would have rather had the beach balls hang from the ceiling with fishing line but it was too difficult to get a hook into the ceiling to tie the fishing line on. I would have also preferred the time of day to be night, where much light couldn't escape from the behind the curtains.

However I am happy how well the spray paint made the color of the beach ball look uniform and reflected the light of the projector and directly attaching the balls to the ceiling didn't end up looking too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment